NexCOBOT: AI-enabled Robotics Evolves Smart ManufacturingIntel IoT RFP Ready Kits
DescriptionNexCOBOT debuts the new artificial intelligence (AI) vision-centric product series—AIR (AI Robot & Retail)—the analytics solution for robot and smart retail vertical markets. The AIR series is an open and modular solution that works with the traditional machine vision processes and implements AI inference for computer vision acceleration at the edge. The AIR series is built to achieve high levels of quality and accuracy in automation and retail under imperfect and/or changing environments.
The AI Vision Edge Solution meets the demands of high-mix, low-volume manufacturing, eliminates the need to set up an identical environment, and uses a single model for varying tests and applications. The AI Vision Edge Solution generates visual data for automation improvements, defect inspection, object/facial recognition, in-store analytics, customer buying patterns, etc. AI robot and AI retail reduce labor cost, boost workforce productivity, and result in better customer service. Come and explore the exciting possibilities with the AIR series!
IoT Solution Application
- miniBOT shuffling LED module to change LED module position and location.
- Smart Robot Box (SRB1) OpenVINO LED recognition system with AI vision algorithm, is identifying LED colors, positions in order to optimize production efficiency.
- Smart Robot Box (SRB2) OpenVINO facial recognition system is acting as safety component to prevent workplace hazards. If the system detects authorized personnel, the robot will stop the operation instantly without any physical contact, authorized operator is able to get close to the robot, change production process. If the system detect unauthorized personnel, the robot will slow down to prevent unpredictable injury. It also integrated with M2M, M2C and ROS note capability (details in slide 10) for OT/IT integration to optimize automated production outcome.
- Robot PDM is doing vibration data analytic to identify robot failure symptom, preventing unexpected downtime.
- Intelligent Edge integrate with SAP enterprise intelligence components which is interlock with Robot PDM, SRB2 for asset management and SAP cloud services subscription.
IoT Solution Specification
SRB (Small Robot Box)
Robot connectivity: YASKAWA, FANUC, KUKA, ABB, UR, EPSON
R2M communication: Modbus TCP, TCP/IP
R2C communication: MQTT
Provide friendly web-based UI for configuration
- EtherCAT Communication: Based on standard EtherCAT communication, MiniBOT provides an expandable distributed control system. It is also an excellent material for EtherCAT-related training.
- Industrial Robot Design: By referring to the design of general industrial 6-axis articulated robots, MiniBOT is built in the same concept. Its nude mechanical architecture makes it easy to learn the structure of an industrial robot.
- Open Development Environment: MiniBOT comes with a utility tool to directly operate the robot. Robotic control APIs are also provided in the Windows platform so that users can leverage their openness to develop any robot applications.
EtherCAT-based robot control architecture enables scalability of your system to add/change servo drives and I/Os
Nude robot body for easier understanding of the 7-axis articulated robot mechanical design
Optimized degrees of freedom reduces floor space requirements and perform complex movements
Open software architecture for secondary software development